Unicon 2022 Convention Rules
1. Unicon has a WEAPONS POLICY so please make sure any props you have conform to it.
2. Seating is first-come, first-served. Due to fire regulations, sitting in aisles and seating beyond the room’s capacity are not allowed, and we are bound by law to strictly enforce this.
3. Please remember talking during panels is disruptive to other attendees and save your comments for outside. Please also turn off the sounds on your cell phone and any other noisy devices.
4. Water guns and projectiles are not allowed in convention space, any use of them in public will result in removal from the convention. All involved parties will be required to pay the cost of any property damages suffered by individuals or vendors.
5. Failure to follow the rules may result in loss of badge and removal from the convention. Unicon reserves the right to remove anyone in violation of these rules. No refunds will be given to anyone removed from the convention.
6. Any photos and video taken by Unicon staff become property of the convention and may be used for publicity purposes.
7. Regardless of fandoms please treat each other with respect, we are all here to enjoy ourselves.
8. Have fun, enjoy yourself, be courteous to other attendees but please remember, the impression you make reflects on all of us.
9. Signs are allowed as long as they are in good taste
10. Signs that are of political nature have no place at Unicon.
11. We have the right to ask you to put signs away if security finds them inappropriate.
1. Flash photography is strictly forbidden for safety reasons.
2. Photography of all other aspects of the event is allowed, if it does not disrupt events, or the flow of traffic and the subject does not object. Please be considerate and ask first before taking pictures of guests, con staff, other attendees or the general public.
3. Kindly take a picture or two and not take up too much of the person’s time.
Please be aware as an attendee of Unicon, that media representatives will be present at the event and may be filming at anytime.
Unicon is a non-smoking convention. Smoking is prohibited except where venue policy permits. This includes vaping
Children (under 12)
1. A parent or guardian must always accompany children under 12. Parents and guardians are responsible for the well-being and behavior of all children in their care. Young adults 16 or older may enter with siblings 12 years and older.
2. Parent or guardians should make sure children in their care, respect the property of others and not handle or play with merchandise at vendors table before paying for items.
Alcohol, Drugs, Theft, Vandalism
1. Unicon is a family friendly convention and WILL NOT tolerate any illegal alcohol or drug use, sales or possession. Anyone caught under the influence of drugs or alcohol will be asked to leave Unicon for the day.
2. Unicon 2022 is a large event that will undoubtedly have tens of thousands of attendees over the course of the weekend. We ask that if you see someone doing something, they should not be doing please report it to any Unicon staff.
3. Theft and Vandalism is NOT tolerated and should be reported promptly to security.
4. Any one caught shoplifting or pickpocketing will be reported to the Las Vegas Metropolitan Police immediately and banned from any future Unicon or Silver State Events.
1. There will be Mobility Access seating in the main function rooms, as well as Front of the Line and/or Early Entrance privileges when appropriate.
2. To help us better provide this service, we ask that those with Mobility/Access needs to inform the registration desk so that we inform our staff and ensure that you are allowed early access and front row seating when/where applicable.
1. Badges/wristbands must be worn at all times while in the expo hall. Lost badges or wristbands should be reported promptly to the Registration desk.
2. Lost/Stolen badges and wristbands will not be replaced. You will be charged for each new badge/wristband appropriate to the ticket.
3. Please make sure your badge or wristband is on, and visible at all times. You will be removed from the event if you do not have one on.
Security staff will be wearing distinctive badges and red T-shirts. If you need any assistance just ask, if you see any problems, report it promptly. If you cannot find security, any Staff member will be able to help you, regular staff members will have a orange t-shirt on.
1. Restricted admission if we reach fire code.
2. No food or drink near the tech equipment.
3. If you willfully damage the tech equipment you will be held responsible for repairs or replacement.
The Unicon Dress Code Policy covers the Convention Venues.
1. All attendees must wear clothing and footwear at ALL times, even when you’re in costume. NUDITY OR SEXUALLY EXPLICIT OUTFITS WILL NOT BE PERMITTED TO ENTER. The following costume elements are not allowed at Unicon and the venue because of safety reasons, whether you are in costume or not:
· Bare Feet
· Stilts (wooden and metal) without prior approval from Unicon staff.
· Roller Skates and roller blades
2. Please look at our WEAPONS AND PROPS POLICY below on what weapons are allowed in the convention.
Unicon 2022 Weapons Policy
Functional weapons are not allowed at Unicon or at The Expo at World Market Center. Replica weapons made as part of a costume will be subject to prior approval by security and compliance with the following guidelines:
1. ALL costume weapons must be inspected at the Weapons Check area. Security will thoroughly inspect and mark weapons of any kind to ensure that they are safe and inoperable.
2. All costume weapons must conform to state and federal law.
3. All weapons must be easily distinguishable from real weapons and must be constructed from safe, lightweight material. Approved materials for weapons are wood, plastic, foam, rubber, cardboard, paper, and thermoplastics (worbla, sintra, etc.). Metal fashionings may be used to accent the cosplay items, but must not be used as the primary construction material.
4. After each weapon has been checked, it will be tagged by security. Security will escort you to the Weapons Check area for inspection if weapons or props have not been properly tagged. Once your weapon(s) have been inspected, do not remove the tag for any reason.
5. No ‘Live Steel’ Weapons are allowed on the show floor. ‘Live Steel’ refers to any bladed article, sharp or otherwise. Eg. no swords, knives (of any kind), “Wolverine” claws, “Freddy Krueger” finger gloves, or other similar items.
6. All prop firearms must be incapable of firing projectiles and have an orange cap on the barrel. Projectiles or any type of ammunition are forbidden. BB guns, paintball guns, dart guns, blow guns and water guns and their accompanying ammunition will NOT be permitted. Airsoft guns must be rendered completely inoperable before entering the event. Nerf guns are allowed, but ammunition of any kind (foam or otherwise) is prohibited. Nerf guns must pass weapons check and will have triggers zip-tied to prevent guns from firing.
7. Real firearms, regardless of any degree of disassemblage, are forbidden.
8. Small, lightweight, metal objects like Sonic Screwdrivers, Lightsaber handles, umbrellas, Captain America shield and wooden wands a.k.a. “Harry Potter wands” are allowed, but must not be used as functional weapons. These items will all be subject to weapons check.
9. Shields will be permitted regardless of construction material.
10. Arrows and bolts for bow and crossbows must be fashioned out of approved materials (not metal). The tips for these items must not be metal or sharpened.
11. Costume swords/daggers made from approved materials are allowed, but may not have any sharp edges.
12. No wooden or aluminum/metal bats are permitted. This includes baseball bats, cricket bats, clubs, paddles, golf clubs and similar objects. Bats made from approved materials are allowed.
13. Saws, brass-knuckles, nunchucks, or other types of weapons, may not be crafted from metal. These items must be used in a display function and not used for engagement.
14. Bullwhips, lassos, ropes and other similar types of items must be coiled and secured to the Cosplayer.
15. Incendiary, spark-creating or other flammable weapons are PROHIBITED. Likewise, any items classified as an ECD (taser, stun-guns, etc) are PROHIBITED.
16. Metal Barbed-wire will not be permitted.
17. Do not display your weapons or props in a threatening or menacing manner. (For instance, it’s ok to pose for a picture, but cosplayers should not brandish weapons while walking the event floor.) This means do not walk around swinging anything
18. Keep prop weapons in convention areas. If you leave the premises or go out into public for any reason, please put away any and all prop weaponry immediately. You can leave your prop at the security desk if you are coming back later.
19. Bags and backpacks are allowed but are subject to a bag check at the discretion of Unicon Staff and security.
20. If you do not want to have your costume weapons inspected and tagged, or if you are unwilling to comply with these policies, please leave them at home. Failure to willingly comply with Unicon’s official cosplay rules and weapons policy may result in ejection from the convention (without a refund) and/or potential legal action, if necessary. ***All rules and regulations are subject to change. ***
21. Unicon-Fandoms United and Silver State Events reserve the right to inspect all costumes and weapons on an individual basis in order to ensure that the event remains completely safe and family-friendly. Those who violate these rules assume all responsibility in the event of injury.